Knoxville Modern Quilt Guild met on Saturday 20th August at Westminster Presbyterian Church.
Upcoming Quilting Events
- Registration is open for MQG Sessions a members only virtual event happening October 13 - 16, 2022 https://www.themodernquiltguild.com/sessions/
- Registration is open for QuiltCon 2023 (in Atlanta). Non-member registration begins September 7. QuiltCon is February 23-26 2023 https://quiltcon.com/
- Wednesday August 31, 2pm EST: Contemporary Curves by Audrey Esarey. Register online at https://quiltalliance.org/events/textile-talks/
- Monday, September 19: Deadline for quilt pattern and article submissions to QuiltCon Magazine. Check email inbox for details from MQG.
We have a bonus quilt made from extra blocks after our first Restoration House quilt of the year
2022 Quilt #3 - OKC blocks collected in.
2022 Quilt #4 - remaining blocks due in at the September meeting.
KMQG Block of the Month Quilt-along
Block 7: Crossed Canoes
This block is the first one that uses foundation paper piecing - see previous post for all the details.
KMQG Quilt Show 2023
The 2023 KMQG Quilt Show will take place March 3 - 31 at the Emporium in downtown Knoxville.
Members should start thinking about what modern quilt they would like to submit for consideration. We want quilts of all sizes and representing all aspects of modern quilting
- Bold colors and prints
- High contrast and graphic areas of solid color
- Improv piecing
- Expansive negative space
- Modern traditionalism
QuiltCon 2023 Outreach Challenge
A number of members stayed behind for a sew-in after the meeting and we finished all the blocks needed for our quilt! So the next step is to assemble the top ready for the appliqué details.
Show & Tell
Susan's quilt - pieced front and back
Next meeting: Saturday September 17